- SOLUTION ARC: Managing the pharmaceutical portion of workers compensation programs
Business Insurance’s latest Solution Arc explores pharmaceutical cost drivers, strategies for mitigating drug usage and costs, and things that cut pharmacy expenses.
- OFF BEAT: Broken toe leads to medical complaints, fraud conviction
A San Diego woman who was caught carrying heavy boxes around while claiming that she was wheelchair-bound reportedly was sentenced to a year in jail and ordered to pay restitution this month for workers compensation fraud and other charges.
- COMMENTARY: Fishermen need a better workers compensation system
While sitting back comfortably in my La-Z-Boy recliner watching recorded episodes of “Deadliest Catch,” I often wondered whether there’s not a bit of hyperbole in this reality TV show’s portrayal of the perils of crab fishing.
- Workers comp virtual conference focuses on how to reduce injury exposures
Experts will advise employers how to reduce their workplace injury exposures by improving their workers compensation programs during an upcoming free virtual conference presented by Business Insurance.
- Meadowbrook downgrade prompts excess workers comp clients to assess options
Companies that buy monoline excess workers compensation policies are considering alternatives, after one of the few national underwriters of the coverage was dealt a recent financial warning.
- Government loses appeal seeking Medicare payment
The U.S. 11th Circuit Court of Appeals recently ruled against the federal government after Medicare sought reimbursement from a massive class- action litigation settlement based on the Medicare Secondary Payer Act.
- Excess workers compensation insurance is tough for buyers, insurers
Excess workers comp insurance is a challenging line to underwrite because it guarantees the payment of catastrophic worker claims that can remain open for decades.
- States take steps to restrict dispensing of drugs by physicians
States are taking steps to rein in the repackaging of drugs by doctors who are dispensing them to injured workers at higher costs than pharmacies charge.
- Humana seeks reimbursement from Farmers under Medicare Secondary Payer rules
A series of federal lawsuits filed by Humana Inc. against Farmers Insurance Group of Cos.