Back Injury Lawyers in Oakland
The back or spine as it is also referred to, is one of the most frequently injured parts of the body in workplace accidents. In fact, back pain is one of the most common types of work injuries and a leading cause of doctor visits every year in the U.S. Back pain is a general term used to describe various types of back injuries and conditions. Why are the back, and more specifically the lower back, prone to injury? Designed to support the head and trunk of the body, and provide strength and movement for the body, the back can be easily injured in almost any functional movement. The lower back has the least structural support of the spine and is the most used.
Neck Injury Attorneys in Oakland
However, the upper back and cervical spine (neck) can also sustain injury in a workplace accident. The spine is typically divided into five regions: cervical, thoracic, lumbar, sacral, and coccyx. Each region of the back has specific features, which help each region perform its main functions:
- Cervical (neck) – support the weight of the head and provide range of motion to the head
- Thoracic (mid back) – hold the rib cage and protect the heart and the lungs
- Lumbar (lower back) – support the weight of the body
- Sacrum – connect the spine to the hipbone
- Coccyx – provide an area for pelvic ligaments and muscles to attach
Back Injury Lawyer in Oakland
When one or more of the regions of the back is injured or damaged, serious consequences can result. Different types of back injuries have different symptoms, such as:
- Whiplash – dizziness, pain, limited mobility, swelling
- Herniated disc – radiating numbness or weakness, pain
- Spinal cord injury – vomiting, nausea, headaches,
- Fracture – backaches, inability to move, swelling
- Stenosis – lower back and buttock pain, sensation of heaviness in legs when walking
- Sprains and strains – stiffness, weakness, pain, reduced mobility
- Cervical radiculopathy – pain, weakness, loss of sensation in arms
Neck Injury Attorney in Oakland
If an insurance agent contacts you, please do not feel pressured to talk to them. You don’t have to talk to them if you don’t want to and in fact, it’s best not to provide them with any information until you have discussed your case with an aggressive back injury lawyer at Oakland Workers’ Compensation Attorney Group. They will make sure you don’t say anything that may be used against you later during the review process and can negotiate on your behalf. Unfortunately, insurance companies want to pay you as little as possible and may use your statements against you to deny you benefits. A skilled neck injury attorney or a head brain injury lawyers in Oakland and hearing loss attorney in Oakland in our group won’t let the insurance company employ unethical tactics and will fight for your right to maximum benefits for medical bills, lost earnings, and job retraining.
Back Injury Lawyer in Oakland
Look to a dedicated back injury lawyer at Oakland workers compensation lawyer group to represent your case aggressively with the insurance company. They understand what you’re going through and are here to offer a helping hand during a difficult time. For a free referral to a best Oakland workers compensation attorney in Oakland, contact our group today at 510-926-4053. We’ll get you connected with an attorney who’s handled cases like yours. You won’t have to pay for the consultation and if you decide to work with the neck injury lawyer we connect you with, you owe nothing until they win your case.