What to do if I’m injured at Work
No matter what type of injury you suffered, if you sustained an injury while at work, you may be eligible to collect workers’ compensation benefits. Workers comp benefits vary per case, but you may be eligible to receive benefits for:
- Medical cost benefits – payments for hospital stays, surgery, medicine, rehabilitation, and doctor visits
- Temporary disability benefits – weekly payments for lost income while recovering from a temporarily disabling injury
- Permanent disability benefits – payments for lost income while suffering from a permanent injury
- Death benefits – payments to deceased’s dependents
- Job rehabilitation benefits – vouchers for job retraining and skill enhancement
Work Comp Attorney in Oakland
As an individual who suffered an on the job injury, it is your responsibility to:
- Inform your supervisor about the injury (if you can, provide your supervisor with a written document detailing your injury)
- Document the time, date, location, and circumstances surrounding the events leading to your injury
- File a Workers’ Compensation Claim Form (DWC1)
Your supervisor should provide you with a DWC1 form once you have told him or her about the injury. However, if they do not give you a DWC1 form to fill out and submit, you must get one here at dir.ca.gov.
Work Comp Lawyer in Oakland
Please keep in mind; even a seemingly minor clerical error can delay the claims process. Here are few notes on submitting a DWC1 form:
- The “employee section” of the form must be filled out completely
- Be specific when describing your injury and don’t forget to list other areas of your body that have been affected by the injury
- Sign the form
- Return the form to your supervisor or if you prefer, mail it by certified mail
Work Injury Attorneys in Oakland
As soon as you return the DWC1 form to your supervisor, they should submit it to the company’s insurance carrier. Once the insurance company has received your request, they have 14 days to review your claim. During this time, you should receive a letter explaining to you the insurance company’s decision to deny, delay, modify or approve your claim. If the insurance company denies your claim, don’t be discouraged. You may be able to file an appeal to overturn the initial decision. Appealing a denied claim can be difficult without the help of an experienced workers compensation attorney Oakland. Don’t take chances when it comes to your well being. Contact a dedicated work denied case lawyers Oakland at Oakland Workers’ Compensation Attorney right away to discuss your ability to appeal a denied claim.
Work Injury Lawyers in Oakland
Selecting the right work comp lawyer can be challenging. A quick Google search will reveal a long list of attorneys, but how do you know what attorney is best for you and your situation? At Oakland Workers’ Compensation Attorney Group, we specialize in helping injured workers get connected with the right work comp lawyer or stress injury attorney in Oakland. Our service is free and you are under no obligation to hire the lawyer we match you up with. We’re confident you’ll be more than satisfied with our selection and if attorney fees are worrying you, you’ll be pleasantly surprised to learn all of the experienced work comp attorneys and imr attorneys Oakland in our group will represent you on a no recovery, no fee basis.
Call 510-926-4053 as soon as possible to schedule an appointment for a free consultation. Let’s get you on the path to a brighter future.