Thank you for your interest in the Golden State Workers Compensation Diversity Scholarship.
The deadline for applying for our 2023 scholarship program is April 15th, 2023.
Due to lack of applications, we are extending the application process to August 15th and awarding scholarships on September 1st.
Golden State Workers Compensation is an African American minority owned law firm. Attorney Ryan Davis believes in having a strong connection to the community and Golden State Workers Compensation is committed to helping the next generation of people from all walks of life to further their education.
Ryan Davis and his entire team are all strong supporters of higher education and believe students should be able to follow their dream career paths. This is why Attorney Ryan Davis and everyone at Golden State Workers Compensation is proud to offer a scholarship award to a deserving current student pursuing their dream through higher education.
Keep reading to learn more about this exciting and rewarding opportunity!
This $1,500 scholarship will be awarded to one qualified student who is currently attending or are planning to attend community college, university or graduate school.
How to qualify?
In order to be eligible for the scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Applicant must be currently enrolled or accepted to a university/college/community college for the 2022-2023 school year.
- Must be in good academic standing with your current educational institution.
- You have a 3.0 GPA or higher.
- If your institution has a policy that scholarship funds be sent to them directly you will not be awarded a check in your name.
How to apply?
Steps to apply for the Scholarship Program:
- Write an essay of 1000+ words on the topic below
- You must submit your essay using the form below before 5:00pm on April 15th, 2023.
- Essays must be submitted in PDF format.
- Make sure your essay is unique and creative.
- The winners will be announced on May 1st, 2023 and will be notified by phone and email.
Scholarship Essay Prompt:
Why do you feel higher education is important and how will it allow you to have a positive impact in your community?
Scholarship Amount: $1,500
How will applications be reviewed?
Our staff will review each application submitted and list the winner on this page after the deadline date.
All fields are required
Disclaimer for Scholarship:
- We will not share your personal information to any 3rd party
- We will never ask for sensitive data such as bank details or credit card number
- There is no cost to participate in the scholarship program
- The Scholarship award must be used exclusively on tuition, housing, or supplies related to schooling
- For any additional information contact us at: email@example.com
2022 Scholarship Winner
“I am writing to express my sincere gratitude to you for choosing me as the winner of the Golden State Workers Compensation Diversity Scholarship. I was very shocked, appreciative, and happy to learn that I was selected as the winner. Before this scholarship, I planned to have two jobs during the summer to help with my tuition cost. I can now relax a bit and get one-step closer to achieving my academic goals. I am so grateful and appreciative of all of your support and what
you will do for other students like me.
I am an international studies major with a minor in communications, I plan to pursue a career in international marketing upon graduating from the University of South Alabama. I am currently a junior and plan to graduate in May of 2024. After graduation, I will attend graduate school to get a master’s degree in communications.
Because you have awarded me the Golden State Workers Compensation Diversity Scholarship, you have lifted my financial burden off of my shoulders which allows to focus more on my education. Thank you so much for your support and for this amazing scholarship.”