- SOLUTION ARC: How employers can avoid potential pitfalls dealing with Medicare liens and set-asides
Business Insurance’s latest Solution Arc explores the costly and complicated Medicare Secondary Payer process, reveals the best ways to navigate Medicare recovery rules, and details the rewards of Medicare compliance strategies.
- Spouse of workers comp claimant entitled to payment for his care
The wife of a man rendered a paraplegic as a result of a workplace accident is entitled to pay for providing care for her spouse, a New York appellate court ruled.
- OFF BEAT: Chiropractor billing fraud scheme runs in the family
A bogus billing scheme has come back to bite a crooked chiropractor in Ohio.
- Injured worker cannot prove employer intended to harm him: Court
An employer is not liable for an intentional tort in a worker-injury case because the employee failed to prove the employer intended deliberate harm, Ohio’s Supreme Court ruled Thursday.
- Workers comp claim denied because injury took place before state reforms
An Oklahoma worker’s injury occurred before state workers compensation reforms that require a higher burden of proof in case reviews were put in place, allowing an employer to deny part of his workers comp claim.